Tokyo Direct launches a new blog, TD NEWS, which provides the latest news topics in Japan with some insights by our local team living in Tokyo.
Pickup on Feb 12, 2018:
- The influenza has spread all over Japan. The number of influenza patients has hit the highest record in Japan history. Many schools have been shut to prevent spreading the flu, and many hospitals have been very busy.
<Comment by Team TD>:
Everyone planning to visit Japan, please be careful and be ready to have a countermeasure against the flu infection; for example, wearing a medical mask. Japanese people love wearing a medical mask with good quality (check the photo attached). It seems to be a strange habit from the view of outside of the world. But there are adequate reasons for that:
- Countermeasure against the flu infection. We care about our health, don’t we?
- Especially during the winter time, the mask warms you by shutting cold winds entering through the mouth and nose. It also moisturizes your throat. It really makes a difference!
- Sometimes we want to hide our face. Imagine when you have no time for makeup but need to go outside for emergency. We always want to be looked nice. Not meaning to be a bank robber, thanks.
- Looking cool. Really?
If you are interested, Tokyo Direct offers Japanese medical masks. Please check our website.
- Heavy snowfall continues in Hokuriku Region (i.e. North part of Japan). Especially in Fukui Prefecture, it hit the highest record of snowfall in almost 40 years. Severe damage to the traffic and civic life. The heavy snow is expected again this week.
<Comment by Team TD>:
We care about the people in Hokuriku Region. We, as humans, should help each other if others are in a hard situation. Here comes a heart-warming news. An assistant branch manager of “Gyoza OSHO”, a leading restaurant offering the delicious Japanese dumplings with other Chinese style dishes, has delivered free meals to the hungry drivers who have stranded and spent a lonely night on the road with heavy snow. “We cannot stand against the nature, but we can stand together and cooperate each other.” This is the Japanese spirit. Our staffs love the meals of “Gyoza OSHO”, especially the special dumplings with cold beers. We definitely visit the restaurant sometimes soon!
TD NEWS. directly from Tokyo Japan.